May 4, 2018
There is NO manual that comes with your baby! But now!!! You have Sleep From The Start: Online Newborn Course. My Online Newborn Course is designed to help the expecting mom, the new mom, or the mom again. Perfect for babies 0-12 weeks old, this course will help you lay expectations and routines for baby…creating sanity for everyone!
This episode is just a 12 minute segment from a one hour interview with Dr. Janet West, Pediatrician (RVA Baby), that you’ll get IN the Newborn Course! We answered questions like: What is the difference between gas drops and gripe water? What is gripe water?! How can I know if my baby has reflux? Can you overdose on saline spray?! Can I bring my baby to the beach?
Ready to get started with Little Z’s Online Newborn Course?! Learn more here!!
Here are Dr. West’s tips to find a Pediatrician:
1) American Academy of Pediatrics– find a board certified doctor
2) Understand that your relationship with your Pediatrician is more than a service, it’s a personal relationship. “It’s like shopping for a mate! When you’re in distress, you want someone who can be there to support you.”
3) Make sure the doctor office is available for visits!!
4) Doesn’t just have to be a Pediatrician- can be a Family Physician you have a great relationship too!
5) Consider your needs: are you high needs? Do you need someone to answer your questions all the time?
6) Two ways to go with finding a practice: Large Practice with weekend and extended hours vs. Small Practice. Pros and cons to both!
Going with a Large Practice? Ask these questions:
How often do I find my primary care doctor?
Will I see them for every well visit?
When I call- do you have a nurse available for questions right away? Is my doctor available if I need to talk with them?
How fast will you get back with me? 2 hours? 24 hours?
When I call at night- who will I speak to?
Will there be a nurse to answer my questions to decide if I should bring my baby in to the doctor?
When you visit the practice, are there a lot of families there?
“A good physician wants to partner with you.”
Going with a Small Practice? Ask these questions:
Are there weekend hours or extended hours?
Is there a nurse line service who I can talk to when I call to ask questions?
Where will you send me after hours?
Learn about Dr. West’s services through RVA Baby
Music by Chad Campbell
We're here to help you get started!
Use code "SLEEPTONIGHT"
in the next 24 hours
to save $10 on any Sleep Program!