There is NO manual that comes with your baby! But now!!! You have Sleep From The Start: Online Newborn Course. My Online Newborn Course is designed to help the expecting mom, the new mom, or the mom again. Perfect for babies 0-12 weeks old, this course will help you lay expectations and routines for baby...creating sanity for everyone!
This episode is just a 12 minute segment from a one hour interview with Dr. Janet West, Pediatrician (RVA Baby), that you'll get IN the Newborn Course! We answered questions like: What is the difference between gas drops and gripe water? What is gripe water?! How can I know if my baby has reflux? Can you overdose on saline spray?! Can I bring my baby to the beach?
Ready to get started with Little Z's Online Newborn Course?! Learn more here!!
Here are Dr. West's tips to find a Pediatrician:
1) American Academy of Pediatrics- find a board certified doctor
2) Understand that your relationship with your Pediatrician is more than a service, it's a personal relationship. "It's like shopping for a mate! When you're in distress, you want someone who can be there to support you."
3) Make sure the doctor office is available for visits!!
4) Doesn't just have to be a Pediatrician- can be a Family Physician you have a great relationship too!
5) Consider your needs: are you high needs? Do you need someone to answer your questions all the time?
6) Two ways to go with finding a practice: Large Practice with weekend and extended hours vs. Small Practice. Pros and cons to both!
Going with a Large Practice? Ask these questions:
- How often do I find my primary care doctor?
- Will I see them for every well visit?
- When I call- do you have a nurse available for questions right away? Is my doctor available if I need to talk with them?
- How fast will you get back with me? 2 hours? 24 hours?
- When I call at night- who will I speak to?
- Will there be a nurse to answer my questions to decide if I should bring my baby in to the doctor?
- When you visit the practice, are there a lot of families there?
"A good physician wants to partner with you."
Going with a Small Practice? Ask these questions:
- Are there weekend hours or extended hours?
- Is there a nurse line service who I can talk to when I call to ask questions?
- Where will you send me after hours?
Learn about Dr. West's services through RVA Baby
Music by Chad Campbell